Monday, July 23, 2012

Friday's Rite Aid Shopping trip



Here's a picture of Friday's Rite Aid shopping trip.  I wanted to share with you a very important tip, and use this as an example of how to roll Up reward's at Rite Aid. This same concept works with CVS as well. Walgreen's works a little differently, and I'll talk a bit about how things work there later this week.

Last weeks ad had Samy  hair care stylers on sale for $3.99, when you buy 1 you get a $3 up Reward to use on your next transaction. This up reward is limited to two. Some are limited to one, and others have higher limits.

1rst transaction :

Samy styler $3.99
Earn a $3 up Reward
Total Out of Pocket $3.99 plus tax

2'nd transaction
(2) Samy styler $3.99
- $3.00 Up reward from previous transaction
Total Out of Pocket $.99
You will receive another $3.00 for your next transaction.
My total pocket for Friday's trip was $4.98

So going into yesterday's shopping trip, I had $3 in Up rewards to use.  I'll be posting about that in a little bit. Having that extra $3 was really helpful in lowering my out of pocket total. When you see my post deals like this I only deduct the rewards I earn once. For example, I did not take off that second $3 reward from Friday's total. It came off of  Sunday's total out of pocket.

In order to take advantage of Rite Aid's sales, coupons, and Up reward's program, you're going to need a Rite Aid Wellness card. They are free,. All you need to do is go to the store, and ask for an application. After you fill the application out, they give you a card. If  you loose the card, simply enter your phone # in the machine where you slide your debit card.

I hope that this helps you to understand how to shop at the drugstores. I 'll be posting more about their deals, and  showing how I work my transactions. Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any clarification on anything.

I have a new email address. Please email me at savingforthekingdom@gmail.com anytime. I'd love to hear from you. You can also find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/savingforthekingdom , feel free to like my page so you can get all the updates on the latest coupons and deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!