Monday, September 3, 2012

Couponing 101 *Lesson 1* Why should we use coupons?

Why should we use coupons?

Many families embrace couponing to lower their budget, pay off bills, or to save for a nice vacation. All of these are great. It's awesome to see your bills get lower and lower each month. :) I believe though that there can be a bigger purpose involved. One of the main reasons that I use coupons is that so I can help others with what God has blessed me with. 

II Corinthians 8:7  NIV
Just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us - see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

Amplified
 Now as you abound and excel and are at the front in everything—in faith, in expressing yourselves, in knowledge, in all zeal, and in your love for us—[see to it that you come to the front now and] abound and excel in this gracious work [of almsgiving] also.

Jesus talks about giving throughout the Bible,  and I believe that it is the Churches responsibility to take care of those in need. 

Using coupons has given me the ability to give more than I would have been able to had I not discovered a way to save money on things that I already buy.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing some tips I've learned in the 3+ years that I've been couponing effectively.  I'll try to post a couple lessons a week. My next lesson will be about taking things slowly. Using coupons doesn't have to be time consuming or overwhelming, you don't need a binder. In fact, I usually don't  clip most of my coupons until I'm ready to make my shopping list. I'll also be sharing items that are great for donations to Church food pantries, and other places that need donations as well.

I'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me at savingforthekingdom@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/savingforthekingdom

Please let me know of any questions or tips that you have anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!