Monday, July 23, 2012
CVS trip from yesterday 7/22
Here's the breakdown of my CVS shopping trip yesterday.
(1) Stayfree 24 ct $2.00
-$2/1 coupon in yesterday's Smartsource insert (coupon is limited to one per person)
(1) Gillete Venus and Olay razor $9.99
Earn $4 in Extra Bucks when you buy 1
-$4/1 Gillette Venus and Olay Razor found in the 6/17 Smartsource
Total $5.99, I earned $4 in rewards for purchasing the razor
(2) Washington Posts $2.50 each
-$4 in register rewards
Total : $1.00
Just as a comparison, at Walmart the papers would have been $2.50, and the Stayfree would have been about $1. That would been about $6 even before the razor.
In order to take advantage of the deals that are offered at CVS, you will need to get a CVS Extra Rewards Card. It's really easy, just go to the store and tell the cashier that you'd like to get an Extra Rewards card, and they'll set you up.
Here's a few ways to save more money at CVS.
(1) After you've received your card, go to CVS.com create an account and register your card. When you register you card, you can track your rewards on their website.
(2) Go to : CVS Email signup to sign up for emails. I've received $4/20 coupons, $5/25 coupons, 20% off coupons, 25% off coupons, even 30% off coupons.This is a really great way to lower your out of pocket expenses at CVS.
(3) Another way that you can save money at CVS is through their Beauty Club. When you sign up for the CVS Beauty Club for every $50 you spend on beauty products, you get $5 in Extra Bucks. This is based on your PRE-COUPON purchase.It doesn't have to take long to get your $5 in rewards. When you sign up, all you need to do is fill out the form, that's it. It's really simple. CVS tracks your spending, and you can see it listed at the bottom of your reciept. CVS will also send you Beauty Club emails with extra coupons and discounts. They even give you $3 in Extra Bucks around your birthday.
(4) Every CVS has a red coupon machine, scan it every time you shop! The CVS coupon machine will print store coupons that can potentially be stacked with manufacturer coupons for even greater savings! Always try to scan it at least twice, usually my best coupons come after the second scan. You can even scan it 3 times and sometimes it will still print coupons. When you've reached your limit, the machine will say. No more coupons are available, please check back tomorrow or something similar to that.
Please feel free to visit me on Facebook anytime, there's a shortcut to my Facebook page on the right hand side of my page. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org